The Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association (CFTLA) is dedicated to educate, support and advocate for its members and the individuals they represent. Its mission is to strengthen and uphold Florida’s civil justice system and to protect the rights of individuals throughout the state of Florida.
As such, CFTLA requires that its members:
- Are duly licensed to practice law.
- Are regular members in good standing with The Florida Bar.
- Are members in good standing with Florida Justice Association (FJA) formerly the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (AFTL).
- Are of good moral character.
- Do not represent insurance carriers, their insured or employers in personal injury litigation and/ or arbitration proceedings or workers compensation matters and do not belong to law firms that engage in such work.
- Pay the established dues as members of this organization, as established by the Board of Directors:
• Fees consist of a $225.00 fee for members who have been practicing law less than 5 years, and a $275.00 fee for members who have been practicing law for 5 years or more. Listserve is automatically included.
- Access to a network of attorneys who work for PLAINTIFFS ONLY.
- Ability to share resources openly and confidentially.
- Opportunity to participate in an on-line e-mail discussion group for legal advice, direction and sharing of resources.
- Access to password protected database of documents, including but not limited to experts deposition transcripts, fee orders, motions, complaints, etc…
- Opportunity to socialize and build relationships with the local legal community.